1. The Nigerian student, Zainab Aliyu, detained by Saudi Arabian authority over alleged drug trafficking has been released.
The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Foreign Affairs disclosed that Aliyu was released to the Nigerian mission in Saudi Arabia on Tuesday.
2. Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, on Tuesday said the Muhammadu Buhari administration had spent over N3.5trillion on Nigeria infrastructure.
The Vice President spoke at the first Nigeria-UK Economic Development Forum (EDF), hosted by the Federal Government at the Presidential Villa.
3. The Nigeria Hydrological Services Agency (NIHSA), on Tuesday presented its 2019 Annual Flood Outlook (AFO) in Abuja.
The Minister of Water Resources, Mr. Suleiman Adamu, said the AFO would serve as an early warning to people and communities located in and near flood plains and other vulnerable areas.
4. The Human Rights Writers Association of Nigeria HURIWA has reacted to the release of Miss Zainab Aliyu, a Nigerian citizen held Saudi Arabia over alleged drug trafficking.
HURIWA said that Government must show that it did not achieve this because the victim is from the Northern region of Nigeria.
5. The Minister of Youth and Sports Development Solomon Dalung, says sports is the best performing ministry in the country under the leadership of President Muhammadu Buhari.
Dalung said this on Tuesday in his office in Abuja, while receiving athletes and officials of the Nigeria Wrestling Federation (NWF), and the Nigeria Rowing, Canoeing and Sailing Federation, who did the country proud at various international competitions.
6. Popular Nollywood actor, Prince Dammy Eke is reportedly dead.
The actor reportedly slumped on Sunday and was rushed to the hospital where he was confirmed dead.
7. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Tuesday said the N30,000 minimum wage should not be a justification for any form of bullying or victimization against the workers by President Muhammadu Buhari’s government.
PDP made the remark while saluting all Nigerian workers on the occasion of 2019 Workers Day, for their service towards the stability and development of our dear nation.